It’s that time of the year again where many family & friends are moving to new homes and with relocating typically comes invitations to housewarming parties. We finally just had our own housewarming party this past weekend in Calgary and we were thrilled to have our friends over to celebrate. Even though we’ve lived in this current home for almost two years we thought it would be nice to have everyone over to celebrate the fact that we’ve completed our major renovations.
We were not expecting any housewarming gifts as we really just wanted friends to come over and enjoy a drink with us. (The Peach Sangria was a huge hit!) However, we received some very thoughtful gifts which made us come up with a list of some great housewarming gift ideas that any new homeowner would appreciate to receive.
1. Personalized Cutting Boards – They look quite fancy, especially when you get it custom engraved with the homeowners initials in it and let’s face it no home can ever have too many cutting boards. They always come in handy!
2. A Custom Longitude & Latitude Art Print – Check out Etsy for custom art prints. Many artists can add a couple’s initials to the print to make it custom along with their personal coordinations of where their home is located. The following Longitude & Latitude Art is available from artist Harvey Grey.
3. A Custom Fire Extinguisher – Most homes don’t have a fire extinguisher yet they are a saving grace especially if you’ve just moved out on your own and are experimenting with cooking in the kitchen. Check out these custom fire extinguishers from France that you won’t want to hide. They are like a custom piece of art.
4. A Fun Doormat – How about getting your friends a fun doormat for their new place? We love this one from Urban Barn.
5. A nice bottle of wine – If all else fails and you feel like they’ve got everything they need for their new place then why not settle for a nice bottle of wine? If you’re located locally in the province of Alberta we recommend checking out local wine delivery companies such as Alberta Winestein. You select a wine & they will deliver it for you.