Banana bread with chocolate chips is a staple in our household especially when we have a few extra bananas going brown. We absolutely LOVE this recipe. We promise it will become a staple in your home too. Super easy to make and it will be ready to serve within the hour.
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of butter, soft
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda, dissolved in 1 tbsp of cold water
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Combine the wet ingredients in another bowl and slowly mix in the dry ingredients.
- Place the batter in a greased bread pan or muffin tins.
- Bake for approximately 40 to 50 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool for about 10 minutes and then remove from pan.