With the unbelievably warm weather we are currently having in Calgary we have been craving some serious barbecue around here. With that said ladies and gentlemen, I present to you our all time favourite pulled pork recipe. This recipe is great because the prep time is quick and your home is going to smell amazing!
- Approx. 3 lbs of either pork tenderloin or pork shoulder
- 1 bottle of BBQ sauce (your choice, we love Bulls Eye BBQ Original)
- 1 can of Coca Cola (12 oz.)
- 1 onion sliced
- Salt & Pepper seasoning
- Turn on your crock-pot to the high setting & set timer for 6 hours.
- Slice onions into strips & place at the bottom of the crockpot.
- Rinse the pork and season lightly with salt and pepper than place into the crockpot.
- Mix together your BBQ sauce and the one can of Coca Cola.
- Pour mixture over the pork into the crockpot.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low setting for 6-7 hours.
- Once the pork is done cooking, remove and with a fork shred it into pieces on a cutting board.
- Place the shredded pulled pork back into the leftover crockpot sauce and mix.
- Your pulled pork is ready to serve with your favourite garnishes.