With summer just around the corner we are loving all the fresh produce coming in to the local farmer’s markets. And after a weekend of lots of cakes (to celebrate Adam turning one!) we are heading back to the basics in our kitchen this week.
Tonight we are sharing one of our all time favourite green bean casserole dishes that is easy to prepare and simply delicious. Even our little guy enjoys the flavours! We hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 4 cups of fresh green beans
- 1 can of condensed cream of mushroom (We enjoy the Campbell’s brand)
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1 container of French-fried onions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease baking dish with butter.
- Ensure green beans are rinsed thoroughly and ends are trimmed then place in greased baking dish.
- Mix the condensed cream of mushroom with the cup of milk and pour the mixture over the green beans.
- Pour the French-friend onions over the green beans and bake for approximately 40 minutes.