With a busy schedule & renovations usually on the go, we are always looking for healthy yet satisfying recipes. If you’re a fan of broccoli than this recipe is for you my friends!
These tater tots are super easy to make (in less than an hour!) and I can almost guarantee your entire family will love them. Our toddler could eat these on a daily basis if I let him. They are easy to shape and much tastier than cauliflower tots.
- 3 cups of broccoli ( I prefer fresh but you could use frozen)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of diced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup of Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup of Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 tsp. of pepper
- You can also add other spices if you desire like parsley, rosemary or cilantro
- 1 Large Ziploc bag
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a baking sheet with a thin layer of oil or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for approximately 3 minutes then remove and shock them with running cold water to stop the cooking process and drain well.
- Using a food processor or blender chop the broccoli finely. Add in the eggs, onions, shredded cheddar, breadcrumbs and seasoning. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Once the ingredients are a nice consistency, pack the mixture into your large Ziploc bag. With a pair of scissors cut off one corner of the bag. This will assist with piping the mixture onto your parchment paper and making tater shapes.
- Bake the tots until golden brown. Anywhere from 16 – 22 minutes. (18 minutes was the magic number for us) and remember to flip them half-way through.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy with your favourite dipping sauces!
Thanks to the team at Gastropost YYC via the Calgary Herald for featuring my Blending In submission this week!